Saturday, March 20, 2010

Saturday Fun

We took advantage of the 75 degree weather today and spent most of the day in our backyard. We planted our flower garden, tomatoes, and aerated the lawn. Madison spent most of the day playing in the fountain and digging in the dirt. Later we had a barbecue at the park with some friends. I love the warmer weather and can't wait to many more barbeque's this summer!

This past week I also took Madi to her 18 month check up. I found out that she had her first ear infection while we were there, otherwise I would have had no idea. She was acting a little fussier than usual, but no enough to make me think anything was wrong. At 18 months she weighs 22 pounds (10-25% percentile) and is 32 inches long (50th percentile). She is really starting to pick up on a lot of words. She will try to mimic most words we say. Some of my favorites are turtle, shoulder, hug, come (meaning follow her), and nope instead of the usual "no." She is also good at folding her arms for prayers and throwing stuff in the garbage, even if it doesn't go there. When she does go by the garbage she pinches her nose and says "stinky." She loves all animals and would play outside all day if I let her. She gets her social skills from her dad and waves and says hi to everyone we pass, even if I am trying to avoid them! She is such a fun playful little girl, she makes us laugh everyday.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Looks like you guys are having fun! Sure miss you though. It is starting to warm up here, yeah! Isn't it amazing how fast they grow up. I can't believe how much older Ava is since she turned 3. It's crazy. Madison is so cute! If you guys come down this summer, give me a call, would love to see you (and vice versa). I was sorry to hear about the dog incident, glad she's doing better. See ya!

Adaire and Will said...

Your flower garden is awesome! I can't remember if I told you before, but congrats on the little baby on the way. You have such a cute family.

Dyan said...

"Stinky"?? Really? from an 18-month old? That is hilarious! I love it. Also can I hire you to come plant flowers in my yard? They look so cute.

Kolbi Young said...

I love Madi! She reminds me of a mini Staci :)

How are you doing/feeling? I keep thinking about you...Hoping you can survive the heat until the babe is born. Let the swelling begin, right?!

Oh, and I love the rock around your flower beds....I want to do that in my yard! It is so clean and fancy looking!