The past month has been a whirlwind of changes in our house. To start off, David had a couple of weeks off work and we used him up every second he gave us! We started and have successfully trained
Madi to sleep in a twin bed so that we could use the crib for the new baby. She only fell out of the bed a couple of times, and really seems to like it. We also finished the baby's nursery by converting all the pink to blue. Another project we took on was to turn our loft into a reading and play room for the kids (which is not quite done, but well on it's way). David made these incredible book shelves and we bought some child size furniture to go up there. I am really happy with what we have so far! I have also been busy cleaning like crazy. I think I have reorganized and/or cleaned out every square inch in our house. It feels really good to get things organized and in order before our lives our turned upside down with a new baby.
I also have some great friends here in Las Vegas, specifically Whitney, who threw me the most adorable baby shower. She did such a good job on it, the dessert table she created got featured on Amy Atlas' blog (who is a big time event planner in New York City). It was fun to get a lot of boy clothes and accessories to finish of what I need before July 13!

It hasn't all been work around our house, we got to experience the Mandalay Bay beach for a few days which was so fun!

Taking a break from swimming.

Book shelves that David made for the loft. By the way he got the plans to make them off the Knock off Wood website which I love!

Mini kids furniture, aren't they spoiled, we don't even have leather couches in our living room :)

Baby's new room, it seems so weird to have blue instead of pink.


Madi's new bed and room. I am still in the process of decorating it, but am happy with what we have so far.




Some pictures from the shower.
I went to my 37 week appointment on Tuesday and I am dilated to a three, so hopefully this baby decides to come soon! I am feeling ready, so now only time will tell. Wish us luck!
6 comments:
Oh my gosh the dots turned out soooooooooooooooo cute!!! I LOVE them! If you need to do any last minute newborn baby clothes shopping, let me know. I think I need a good shopping day (or couple of hours... since we do have kids) at the outlets :)
p.s. what is it about new babies and going on vacation that makes us have to clean the house like crazy? i'm actually washing my blinds in the shower tomorrow to get them clean before we go to idaho. definitely crazy.
Oh man, I have so much to say!!!!
1) Congrats on getting Madi in her own bed! Even before the baby arrived, I'm impressed. Any pointers? And I absolutely love the dots border in her room. But you know how I love hot pink :)
2)The child size furniture is a crack up. So cute, but so funny they make such grown up furniture for chitlens. I love it! Do you have a mama sized chair in there? I'm thinking my tush might get stuck in the chairs -haha!
3)Baby boy's room is precious. It looks so soft and snuggly. Just the way I like it.
4) The baby shower looks amazing. What an awesome friend! Love the theme, food, color scheme. She needs to become a professional party planner :)
Well my dear, here's to having the baby a little early (and not go overdue like Madi)!!! Have you had your Dr. strip your membranes yet? (TMI?) That is what put me into labor naturally with Ryker. It sounds like you are on your way. Can't wait for the good news. Best wishes with the delivery (it can't get any worse than Madi's right?!?). Take care of yourself.....Love you!
Wow, the bookshelves are amazing. I have seen that website before and I would love to work on a project sometime (it will probably never happen because our house needs sssooo much work instead). The nursery is super cute. I love the elephant sheet from PBK. Lastly, the shower is so cute. In my dream world all of my parties would like that!
Oh my goodness! This post was chuck full of cute things! Those bookshelves are awesome, I love the color and Madi's room and the nursery both look darling!! Oh, and of course the shower - how fun! I was thinking about you today and wondering how you were feeling and if baby boy was going to make his appearance soon. Good luck the next few weeks!
What fun projects! I love your kids rooms and the play rooms and it looks like your baby shower was very, very fancy. How fun. We are happy things are going well for you guys!
Good luck! I bet that cute baby boy will come soon, you definitely seem to be nesting. Those shelves are amazing and maddie's big girl room is adorable! I can't believe she's going to be a big sis so soon! You'll do great, newborns sleep SOOOO much!
Post a Comment