Dave and I just got back from an amazing vacation to the Big Island of Hawaii. Dave's parents Lyle and Nola are retiring at the end of December and are leaving for their mission to Samoa in January, so they wanted to go on a vacation with all of their kids and spouses to celebrate. We flew into Kona and drove about an hour to the Kohala Coast to the beach house that we rented. The house was on the dry side of the island, and the weather and house were perfect. Over the course of the week, we went to several beaches, but our favorite one was Mauna Kea, about 10 minutes from our house. It was a beautiful white sand beach and turquoise water. The beach only allowed forty cars per day to park, so it felt like we were the only ones there. In addition to lots of beach and snorkeling time, we kayaked across the ocean to Captain Cook's Monument, where we swam with dolphins. It was so much fun, the dolphins obviously liked our attention and would swim around us and jump out the water and show off. David swam with a pod of about 40 for about ten minutes before they out swam him, it was really fun. We also went to Hilo, the rainy side and hiked to Akaka Falls. On another day, we hiked in Waipio Valley and hung out on a black sand beach, the sand was so soft and the color was so neat. The waves were really big on this beach, but it was a little overcast and only David dared get in. The last day we went back to Kona and did a session in the Kona Temple. The temple was so small, and the people were so nice. I loved being there.
I have always wanted to go to Hawaii, and this trip did not disappoint. It was everything I thought it would be. It was so much fun to spend so much time with Dave, and all our family. I love all of his family, and was so sad when it was all over. My parents were so great to watch Madison and Brock the whole time and even said they enjoyed it:) I know how much work it was for them, and was so grateful they could do that for us. I never worried one minute about my kids, and that made the trip even better. I am still waiting on some pictures from the trip, but here are a few pictures from the best trip yet!
7 comments:
jealous! I told Ty we need to go there and have plans to go next year! I have lots of expectations for this vacation and looking at your post, I don't think it will disappoint! Glad you had fun!
How awesome!! I am jealous too!! I am glad you guys had such an amazing time!
Hayley (call-jacob now) was hoping you could kyak with the dolphins --she and gina gertsch did that on the big island when they took a trip there, they accidently came onto a huge whale and hat to book it out of there--it was tense...anyway--glad you could go--our blogspot is: bryanlynda.blogspot.com it you want to catch up with us
love aunt lynda
our blog nickname is news in a minute
will you help your mom hook us into their blog as a family and friends link?
Looks like the perfect vacation!!! Glad you guys had a fun time! I am sooo jealous!!!
What an amazing vacation!! It looks like an awesome time. And how awesome are your parents to take the kids!
What a great vacation!!! I hoped you relished the relaxation and one-on-one time with David. It's amazing to me how much I remember liking (not just loving) Tyler when we can get away or go on a date :) Glad you had such a great time and enjoy that tan all you can!!!
Yeah, I'm so jealous! That looks SOOOO fun! Good for you guys!
Post a Comment