
Last weekend we drove to Heber for my younger brother Trevor's homecoming from his mission in the Philippines. It was very fun to see him and spend time with my whole family. All five of my brother's were in town, including Shane who lives in Iowa. He just graduated from medical school and they are staying in Iowa for another three years for residency. Tanner, my youngest brother leaves in less than one month for his mission in Honduras, so it was fun to see everyone for a short time. David was able to work in the Deloitte SLC office, for a few days during the week, and we played with the family. My mom took me to some of her classes at the Fit Stop including spin and group power, and it was a lot of fun. The last part of the week my Grandma Lucille had planned a big family reunion with all of my mom's side of the family. We stayed at the Aspen Grove family camp in Provo Canyon. It turned out to be really fun. We all had our own little cabins to stay in, and they had activities planned all day for every age level. My kids would go with their counselors for 3-6 hours a day doing crafts, swimming, coloring, playing toys, games, etc. Madi couldn't wait to go everyday, and Brock was hit or miss. It was really nice because then Dave and I could do whatever we wanted, David played with my brothers a lot doing racquetball, golf, basketball, paintball, and the ropes course. I did the ropes course too, but I got really scared when I got to the top. I didn't really think I was scared of heights, but I did NOT like it at the top. It was still fun. They also had guest speakers and firesides for the adults and I really like the fireside speaker. He talked about how to strengthen your marriage, and he had a lot of good advice. At the end they had a bunch of games that each family at the camp competed in. My family had so much fun, we set records in all the events, at least that is what they were telling us! The only part I didn't like about the weekend was on Sunday we woke up to 2 or 3 inches of snow on the ground! It was so cold! Since it had been around 100 degrees in Las Vegas the last couple of weeks, I did not have snow on the mind. We did not pack very well for the cold, but we made it:)
 |
| Brock swinging on the swing in Grandpa Gertsch's barn |
 |
| The Three Amigos |
 |
| Madi loved sitting on this bear at Aspen Grove |
 |
| Madi getting some racquetball in |
 |
| Brock didn't want to be left out. |
 |
| All geared up for the ropes course |
 |
| Can you see David in the trees? |
 |
| The kids playing in the woods by our cabin |
 |
| Our little cabin, aren't they cute! |
 |
| A snowman! It was so cold that day! |
 |
| Wasatch Mtn. Stake Park |
 |
| Madi with Uncle Trevor at Aspen Grove |
 |
| Best Buds |
 |
| Mini Snowman |
 |
| Loft in our cabin where Madi and Brock would play hide and seek. |
 |
| Most everyone that came to the reunion, we are missing a few. |
No comments:
Post a Comment