Brock just cannot seem to catch a break lately. On Wednesday he was jumping on the couch, landed wrong on his arm, and broke it. Well sort of, not in a really bad way, the doctor calls it a buckle fracture. So he only has to wear his cast for 3 weeks, and after that is should be completely healed. One funny story about how long he has to wear his cast. Initially the doctor informed me that we could take the cast off after two weeks. A few minutes after being around Madi, he said, "Brock has a busy sister, doesn't he? We better keep the cast on for three weeks!" I thought that was so funny, and probably a good idea!
Brock was pretty tough about it, in fact when it first happened he was crying more than normal but I just thought he was really tired from our trip. So I held him for a few minutes and he zonked out. He took a three hour nap and woke up really sad and pointing to his arm saying "owie." I could tell that something was wrong so I took him to the doctor for an x-ray and next day he had his cast on. The cast is really big and makes his injury seem much worse than it is, but I guess the Dr. wanted it high on his arm so that he couldn't slide it off. Here's to three weeks of no swimming or water! Good thing it is only in the lower 100's so far.....
 |
| Brock sleeping with his temporary cast. |
 |
| Brock and his supportive big sister with her "cast" |
 |
| His HUGE cast |
 |
| Passed out again after a tramatic visit to the Dr. He does not like Dr. offices |
6 comments:
He fell off the couch? oh dear gus jumps and falls for the couch all day every day. Poor kid. Glad he wont have to live with the cast for too long.
Oh man, what a bummer! He's such a cutie and I guess at least it's only 3 weeks -- but still rough for hot summer months! That's hilarious about the extra week thanks to Madi :)
Poor kid! He looks like a trooper. Also, I can't believe the update on your family. Shane finished with school? Phillipines, Honduras, etc...crazy.
I agree, poor boy can't catch a break! Thank goodness for insurance, right?! I don't know if you and David can produce "non-busy" munchkins :)
Oh my goodness I just can't believe how big he has gotten! You know I think Jordan was just about his size when she broker hers.. much the same.. fell on her arm just right.. buckle fracture! It was right about the time we moved into your ward! Sure do miss you guys
Oh my goodness I just can't believe how big he has gotten! You know I think Jordan was just about his size when she broker hers.. much the same.. fell on her arm just right.. buckle fracture! It was right about the time we moved into your ward! Sure do miss you guys
Post a Comment