Thursday, August 22, 2013

Brock's ER visit

Our friends, Kurt and Jordan McEuen came to Vegas and so I invited them to Jump N Jungle, a bounce house place.  They have three kids basically the same age as my three, so we thought it would be the perfect place.  My kids have been there before and love it.  Since Kurt was golfing that morning, I picked Jordan and her kids up from their hotel and we drove to the place.  We had only been there about 20 minutes when I heard Brock start to cry really loudly.  I took Ella with me into one of the bounce houses and went in to see what the problem was.  I immediately saw tons and tons of blood coming from Brock's head and I got super nervous. I handed Ella to Jordan (who was also holding her own 5 week old baby) and took Brock into the bathroom.  He was crying uncontrollably and I didn't know what to do.  Jordan set both babies down and came in to help me.  The place was chaotic mess with kids running wild and crying and mom's looking in on the mess.  One mom walked by the babies, and said "who's babies are these??"  Duh lady, can you take an educated guess?  Why don't you pick one up!  Anyway, Jordan helped me to look at Brock's head and we determined we need to take him to the ER because it was pretty deep. Jordan called Kurt and luckily he was just pulling into the bounce house place.  So we left in my car with Jordan holding Brock in her lap and balancing her baby Nixon in the other hand and Ella in her seat next to her (we had to take the babies, since we both were nursing at the time).  Kurt stayed with the other three kids, Kru, Madden, and Madison. Meanwhile I tried calling David several (hundred) times and he never got any of my calls, texts or emails until way later that day.  He was super busy at work and left his phone and email off so he could focus. When we got to the ER they checked us in, but said that no one else could go back there, so Jordan was left with two infants. It only took us about 45 minutes, but they were able to look at Brock and determine that he needed 4 staples, but everything else looked okay.  He was pretty brave about everything, he worst part was when they gave him a couple of shots directly in his wound to numb his head.  We came out and my Aunt Jill and Jake and Kinzi had come to see if everything was okay.  Luckily Kurt and Jordan were there to help with the other kids.  They were so helpful! It was a huge blessing to have them with me during the whole ordeal.  Brock did not skip a beat and never said it hurt after we left the ER. I am so glad he wasn't hurt more.  I am thinking of getting Brock a bubble for Christmas!  This boy of mine gets hurt so much!




No comments: