Saturday, July 12, 2014

Lake Powell 2014

Our brother and sister in law Bart and Lori bought a houseboat in Lake Powell and invited us to vacation with them.  Dave was out of PTO due to still being pretty new at work, but we decided to go anyway and worry about the details later! I'm so glad we went, we had the best time.  I hadn't been to Lake Powell in several years and I forgot how amazing that place is. Another great part about it is the fact that we only live 2 hours away from Page, where the houseboat docks.  We woke up real early Monday morning and in less than two hours we were loading our stuff onto the boat.  We had a fun crew, Bart and Lori's family, Steph and Dan's family, Lyle and Nola, and Lanae.  Madi and Brock absolutely loved the freedom and spending all day playing the water and sand. They each had cousins their age and plenty of older cousins to follow around.  Ella was a little higher maintenance because she didn't like her life jacket and she wanders a lot, but I really didn't mind it.  We went on a few hikes, went wakeboarding, Dave and the older kids went cliff jumping, and we ate lots of yummy food.  It really made me fall in love with Lake Powell again, and when we get another invite, we will be going!













No comments: