Thursday, February 19, 2009

President's Day Weekend

We had back to back visitors starting on Friday, so we have been busy, busy, busy. On Friday night David's parents Lyle and Nola came to visit for President's Day weekend. We did some shopping, visited the Deloitte office to show them where David works, showed them the strip, and went to dinner. It has been a long time since we have been to a sit down restaurant, and I was quickly reminded why. Madi got her first tooth on Thursday, and I think she was in a lot of pain. She cried a lot in the restaurant, so we ate really fast and took the rest of our food home. I guess we will need to work on her restaurant manners. On Sunday we went to church and spent the rest of the day watching movies and visiting. Monday morning Dave went to work and Lyle and Nola headed home at about 7:30. I grabbed the sheets and towels and started the laundry and picked up the rest of the house. At about 11:30 am, my Grandma, cousin Melina and her two daughters arrived. We took the kids on walks, went to the Shark Reef Aquarium at Mandalay Bay, attempted to go to dinner, and played with the kids. It was fun to have all the kids together to play. We had so much fun with everyone who came! Thanks for making the trip down. Madison with Grandpa and Grandma Gertsch. It was hard to get a picture of all three of the girls looking at the camera, so this is the best one. From left to right, Olive, Madison, and Eden.

4 comments:

jilljohnson said...

Staci-
She is so cute. I love how cute she looks in the four month picture.

Kolbi Young said...

I want to come visit!!! No really, I am actually trying to plan a trip down to Vegas for "one last get-a-way" in April. I would love to plan a time to get together and see Madison and the new house....and you of course!!!

Ashley Abbott said...

Ok so you don't know me but my husband and your husband are friends! We saw David this last week at the career fair, and he gave me your blog address! I hope you don't mind! You're little girl is so cute! I hope you don't mind if I check out your blog ever once in awhile!!

Ashley Abbott said...

So I read your message today and I told Jake that you had 2 of your brothers in our wrestling pictures and he said you must be a sweat so we can't be your friend anymore!! :) Just kidding!! If we're right then your brother beat his brother in the finals! It really is such a small world!