Thursday, March 26, 2009

She Just Keeps Growing....

Last Friday Madison and I went swimming at one of my friend's pool and I think I found what we will be doing everyday this summer. She absolutely loved swimming; you couldn't wipe the smile off her little face. I put her in a baby floaty and she kicked her legs till she was exhausted. There were some other babies there, too, and she had a lot of fun grabbing and splashing with them. I guess I should let her interact with other kids more often!

Here she is sitting up like a champ.

Playing with her favorite toy, the straw from my hospital mug. Her favorite time of the day...bath time.
The last few weeks we have been trying solid foods with her. At first I tried the typical baby food---rice cereal, mashed peas, applesauce, etc., but she would always get a really offended look on her face when we tried these "baby foods" and refused to eat them. So next I would let her try soups and other foods that we were eating and she loved it! I guess she thinks she is an adult and shouldn't be bothered with baby food.
She has been getting close to crawling. She will get on her knees and rock back and forth, but no movement yet... unless you count when she tips herself over. We have really been noticing her personality come out more and more. She is a very busy, energetic little girl. She is distracted by every noise and movement she sees and hears and wants to grab everything. She is such a fun little girl.

11 comments:

Emily said...

Oh my gosh...she is SO stinkin' cute! That is such a fun age! I'm glad you're enjoying staying at home with her. I wish we lived closer so we could hang out!

The Ericksons said...

She is so cute. I can't believe how big she is.

Ty and Mari said...

she is super cute!!! I would live at the pool too if i lived in vegas!

rachel and brady said...

She just gets cuter and cuter! I'm so jealous that you guys are swimming! It's been snowing this week in heber...LAME. Your pictures are so stinkin cute.

Ashley Abbott said...

She is soo cute! I wish we lived in Vegas so we could have some nice weather! I would love to take my kids to a pool!!

Kolbi Young said...

She is just like her mommy.....loves to be laying out in the sunshine :) I keep teasing Tyler that I'm going to go tanning because of how white my skin is! Don't worry, I won't fry the baby like that! ha! Can't wait to see you guys!

Rachel said...

Stac,
She is so cute! I can't believe how much she has grown. Look at those rolls! I love when they are chubby. It sounds like you guys are having a good time in Vegas. I bet the weather is so nice, unlike here. If you ever come back to Utah in the summer, let's get together.

Amy said...

I love the picture of her sitting up in the chair!! What a cute little thing she is. I'm jelous you were in the pool already... maybe we'll jump in the car and come swimming with you!

jilljohnson said...

She is so cute. I love her chunky legs I want to pinch them. Andrew loves swiming too. I loved it because he always sleeps while after.

The Lichtie Family said...

I am so jealous that you can go swimming already! Ava lives for the pool - we just need to get the snow off the ground! And good for her for shunning that nasty baby food! To this day, Ava loves the veggies, especially the peas...who's kid is this?

Dyan said...

Thanks for the update. She is adorable. Nora has the same surfer girl tank top. I can't wait until it's warm enough to wear it. I am sure you will be spending lots of time in the pool this summer, especially when it is super hot.