Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Where's My Cell Phone?

The past few days both me and Madi have been sick, so the nights have been less than fun for both of us. Two nights ago I accidentally left my cell phone in Madi's room when I put her down for bed, so when she woke up at midnight I grabbed my cell phone after I finished feeding her. I guess since I was so groggy I just set it in my bed with me when I went back to sleep. When I got up in the morning I searched my whole house for my phone (including my bed), and could not find it ANYWHERE. Since I was sure I looked in every possible location in my house, I was so sure David mistakenly took it to work with him (we have the exact same phone, so I figured it was possible). I emailed him and asked him about it, of course he said he didn't have it, so I asked him to call it. He did, and I couldn't hear it. Well in the middle of all this running around I was trying to get my house cleaned for our family coming to town, and I washed our sheets. In the afternoon, I realized that I needed to switch the sheets in the dryer, and guess what I found? My cell phone. Yes, I washed my cell phone. How I did not notice it when I pulled them off my bed, and threw them in the washer is a mystery to me. As if I already didn't ruin enough of David's shirts in the wash, I had to move on to more expensive items. I guess that's why we have craig's list.

3 comments:

jilljohnson said...

I hate it when things like that happen. When ever I do dumb things I always just say I am human I make mistakes too.

Dyan said...

Uhh, that is terrible...if totally sounds like something I would do. I hope you are able to find a new phone on craigslist.

Amy said...

Oh no!! I'm suprised I haven't washed something electronic yet... I guess for now, I'm still on pens and red rags!