Sunday, May 10, 2009

Nap Time

Lately Madison has figured out how to stand herself up. We had to lower her crib yesterday because whenever I put her down for a nap, I catch her doing this...














It usually takes me a couple of times of laying her back down before she will actually go to sleep. Sometimes it's hard to lay her back down because she looks so dang cute standing up. Although I think it will start to get old here pretty soon!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

jilljohnson said...

Stick with laying her back down it will pay off. When she is older she will be better. I rocked Andrew for the first 9 months and we had a big battle to go do on his own but abfter a horible 2 weeks he now falls asleep wonderfully. So if you keep with it now you will be a head of the game or at least me.

Shannon said...

I love to snuggle my babies & haven't had too much trouble with them at bedtimes. They still really need you at that age & you can't get this time back. She looks pretty happy to be in her bed though, so it doesn't sound like a problem at all.

She does look too cute peeping over the rail! :)

I nursed mine to sleep for the first 8 mo. or so, then worked toward nursing them until they were just about asleep (but still aware of what's going on) then laying them down before they're knocked out. It's worked out great for us. We now have 4 pretty good sleepers using this method. Bedtime is almost never a battle & we've never resorted to the crying it out stuff. It seems so wrong to me....anyways, I digress.

Sorry for the ramble there. I should've just stuck with my original "she's too cute", but my fingers ran away from me again.

Love,
Shannon

Kolbi Young said...

Oh, you just can't resist that happy, smiling little face!!! Very cute!

How are you surviving the heat? Get a good tan for me, okay?

grant said...

Hey David, this is your old missionary buddy Grant Petersen, I was talking with Lichtie the other night and he gave me your blog, thought I'd say Howdy, your little girl is a cutie, send me and emial when you get a chance.
gp749@nyu.edu

Dyan said...

She is so dang cute! I would have a hard time laying her down too. She has a charming smile.