Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Surviving Summer...In May

It's only May 6th and it is 98 degrees outside. I can only imagine what it will be like in the "hot months" of July and August. This summer will be our first in Vegas, and we have been warned by many of our friend down here that swimming is survival. I guess not a bad way to spend a summer. My aunt and uncle and their four kids came to Vegas for a little vacation and stayed at this awesome house with a pool. Madison and I went over to swim with them. The two older girls, Kelcy and Korbi, took Madison and played with her in the house while I talked to Lynn and Dallas. It seems like not very long ago, I was the one tending them. Madison loves little kids, and had a good time playing with the girls. She even got to play with their little dog, Moose, and tried to give him a french kiss. I guess we better work on that one.

All the girls, from left to right, me, Kelcy, Madi, Dallas, and Korbi.

Learning how to swim...

Having a good time.

6 comments:

rachel and brady said...

I'm jealous! I love the heat. I wish I could spend my summer in the pool!

jilljohnson said...

I love swimming I think I am going to get a summer pass at our local pool. Good luck with that extra hot summer.

Lindy said...

Love the hat! That looks so nice right now, compared to cold Northern Utah!

The Gertsch's said...

Okay so Jeff and I love Madi's hat! The first picture is so funny because it's flipped up and it looks huge on her! Oh gosh, we miss you guys. We hope our little girl/boy will be as cute as your guys' :)

Shannon said...

I didn't realize this will be your first summer here. Yes, it gets pretty miserable, but that's what the a/c & the neighbor with a pool is for! LOL

It looks like you guys had a good time. She looks so cute, as always!

Dyan said...

Madison is going to love swimming all summer. I can't believe it is already 98 degrees in May. Good luck surviving the heat.