We just got back from a fun vacation to San Diego. It was actually our first family vacation together just the three of us. We got passes to Sea World, The San Diego Zoo, and the San Diego Wild Animal Park. I wasn't sure what to expect at any of the places since it was my first time to all three, and I heard mixed opinions about all three, but I have to say I really enjoyed them all. It's funny because now that we have Madison, I want to show her everything at all the different places, but really she would have been just as happy to walk around Target for 4 days looking at people, as she was walking around San Diego, but hey it's a vacation for us too!
The view from our hotel.
Checking out the elephants at the Elephant Odyssey.
Watching the "Believe" killer whale show, which was amazing. 
Hanging out in front of the Dolphin Show at Sea World, right before we got drenched!
A trip to San Diego is not complete without a trip to the ocean. Although you can tell from the picture we did not get in. The water was around 60 degrees and I was just cold sitting on the beach!
She loved the sand, but what kid doesn't love to eat dirt?
Madison trying to get a closer look at the giraffes on the Tour of Africa safari ride. 
I know you can't see Madi's face very well, but I took this picture to show her preferred mode of transportation. We basically used our stroller to push the diaper bag in. She is definitely more of a hands on kid, meaning our hands carrying her! Luckily she has a good strong dad who is willing to carry her all day for 4 days!
We got really close to these "kitty" cats, as you can see from the picture, and we aren't using the zoom on our camera. There was just glass between us and the lions. I think it was funny how they had an old range rover in the wild for them to lounge on, I guess to make it more authentic...

It took our little sour face a couple of bites to warm up to the lemonade slushie.
7 comments:
Looks like you guys had a really fun trip!
Oh, just count it as a vacation for you and David....with someone else along for the ride to take cute photos with....right!?! I'm glad you had a fun time. I've only been to the Sea World, but it sounds like there is more to do and see! Although right now the last thing I want to do is walk around amusement parks.....as it just hurts to walk around the block! ha!
Oh and I love your yellow shirt....you look so bronze and beautiful! And I'll be sending the salmon recipe soon.....it is easy!
You guys chose a great place to vacation. Looks like you had fun and I can't believe how fast your baby is growing. She's a cutie!
Looks like a fun trip. I love going on vacations no matter where they are just getting away is so nice.
I am happy you guys had a fun time in San Diego. It makes me want to take Nora to all those parks. I've been to all three but I think I was in elementary school.
Madison is smart because she has figured out how to make David carry her:)
How fun! I was just telling Todd that I think SanDiego would be a really fun vacation.. I'm glad you guys had a good time. Madison is adorable, as always and you look great!
Hey thanks for the link! We'll definately keep better tabs on you guys now :D !!!
You guys have been quite the travelers. I guess it's a good thing Madi is such a good little girl or you'd be in trouble!!!
Let us know when you get back in town and we can do a little swimming.
Post a Comment