Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Nine Months and Going Strong

My little Madi is growing up. I took her to her 9 month check up appointment this morning and everything was smooth sailing. She didn't even have to get any shots this time, only an anemia test. The nurse pricked her big toe to get a blood sample and she didn't even flinch. The first sample didn't work, so she pricked her other toe, and same thing, she didn't even seem to notice it. I think Madison is at such a fun stage. We have finally got to the point where I feel like she has a predictable schedule. She goes to bed at 6:30 pm and sleeps through the night until 5:30 am. Her first morning nap is at 7:30 am till about 9:00 or 9:30. Then she takes her afternoon nap at 11:30 or 12:00 until 1:30 or 2:00. She will also occasionally take a 1/2 hour late afternoon nap at around 4:00. Ever since we got her on a good sleep schedule she has been so much more well behaved. She is really fun when she is awake always chasing after something and wanting to be on the go. A friend of mine here in Las Vegas let me borrow "Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child" and it has made all the difference. It taught me about what kinds of sleeping habits babies need. A lot of the information seemed counter intuitive to me, but once I tried them I was a believer. Thank goodness for friends who are looking out for us! Here are some of her stats at 9 months:
--Weight: 17 lbs. (25%)
--Height: 27 1/4 inches (25-50%)
--Head: 17 1/2 inches (50-75%)
--She has five teeth, two lower (which came in when she was two and three months old), and three on the top.
--She can say mama, dada, and ball.
--She crawls everywhere and can stand herself up on furniture.
--She will eat anything, she is NOT PICKY about her food, which is nice.
--She loves the water and especially swimming.
--She likes to listen to music, especially the Hairspray soundtrack and has even started making movements resembling dance moves. We love our Madison and are having so much fun watching her grow and learn everyday.
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

jilljohnson said...

Wow she is a sleeper. I would not do well with 5:30am. I love schedules. We are in the transition to one nap and it is bad.

Ashley Abbott said...

I need that book! I can't believe she sleeps that much! I would do anything for such long breaks! She is so cute

Amy said...

What a big girl, I can't believe she's already starting to say words. Isn't early bedtime the best? Our boys go down between 7 and 7:30 and it's great!

Rachel said...

Staci, she is so darn cute!!! I wish you guys were here so I could see her. If you guys come back this summer you should call me so we could get together. That is the book I used for my kids, and I LOVED it. Seriously when your kid sleeps well, they are so happy, and so are the parents!!!

Adaire and Will said...

She has such a cutle little face. I bet she is so much fun.

The Lichtie Family said...

I am obsessed with that book! I love it, and totally give it credit for Ava's awesome schedule too. I always recommend it to my friends - it makes for well-rested and happy parents and child. I always laugh to myself when people try to put their kids down to bed at 10:00 and they say "all they do is cry...". When I tell them to put them to bed early, they say "no way! then we could never go out". Then I think to myself..."then enjoy your grumpy baby!".

Anyway, I obviously love that book. I am excited to do it again with the second.

Kurt and Jordan said...

I miss that cute little girl... It was so fun hanging out with you guys last a few weeks ago. Send me your email to jordanmceuen@hotmail.com so I can add you to our blog, also so I can email you all the cute pics I took of the kids;)

The Fleming Family said...

I found your blog! I hope you don't mind.
Madison is so cute! I can't believe she is 9 months old already!
-Danielle
www.FlemingFamilyBlog.blogspot.com

Melina said...

I definitely need to track down that book. Olive is the worst sleeper ever. Madison is growing up so cute. I love all the pictures from your trip. It looks like you guys had a great time.

Jamie Bills said...

Staci- I am so glad to have a link to your blog. I was asking Ken about you not too long ago. Madison is really cute! I forgot that Shaylee and Madison are so close in age. It sounds like she sleeps well and is developing really well. How fun! I hope you are enjoying Vegas. I bet it is hot, hot, hot these days! Oh, and I like your house. :)