We just got back from a fun visit home. We hadn't been home since Christmas so when we found out that my cousin Judd was getting married we decided to make a week of it. David had Scout Camp in San Diego for the first half of the week, so at the last minute Madi and I hopped on a plane so we could be with our family on Father's Day instead of home alone. We probably should have planned a little more ahead, but it worked out fine considering we booked the flight 4 hours before it left on Saturday. Madi had so much fun with all of our family. We stayed at my parents house so every morning when we got up my mom or dad or brothers would take her out to see the dog or "pup pup" as she called it. She also liked jumping on the trampoline and feeding the dog and Grandpa Gertsch's horses. She got spoiled to death with all the attention from both of our families. It was so much fun! Judd and Cami's wedding turned out perfect. They got sealed in the new Draper temple which was really neat to see. The reception was in Heber in Cami's parents backyard which was beautiful and fun. They had it decorated like a carnival complete with a bounce house, snow cone machines, lemonade, popcorn and cotton candy. The kids had a lot of fun and everyone was on a sugar rush.

Feeding the horses with dad.

This is a new game Madi likes to play, she tries to get the gum out of David's mouth, it is pretty funny to watch.

Judd and Cami Sweat, the newlyweds. Judd served his mission in Scotland, so that is why he is wearing the kilt. Don't they make a cute couple?

Ringing the cowbells with Grandpa Gertsch.

Looking pretty in front of the Draper Temple, my dad, Madi and my mom.

Scaling the temple walls, it's hard for a little girl to be patient for all those pictures!

From left to right, Jana, Cody, Madi, me, Matt, and David.

Our little family....
Madi playing with her cousin, Ally.
Now we are back to Vegas and back in our routine. I just hope Madi doesn't get too bored with just me at home since she is used to 24/7 attention!
9 comments:
I love supr of the monent trips. I bet your dad was excited to have you home for father's day!
Sounds like you guys had a fun trip! It seems like you've had a lot of weddings lately. I can't believe Madi is almost a year in a few more months. Time goes by way to fast. Keep in touch!
Ooo I love the Draper Temple. Steve's little brother just went there to take out his endowments and it's so beautiful. Love the gum game.
I saw your blog and had to say hi! Your guys' little girl is adorable and getting so big! Babies are just the best!
I can't believe you pulled it all together to fly out in 4 hours. I don't know if I would have been able to do that for myself....let alone with a babe! But I'm so glad that you made it!
Yes, please come visit me!!! I'm still adjusting to this stay at home life...and love company :)
WOW! She's getting so big! I hope we get to meet the little lady sometime soon :) I love her little wedding dress and the zoo photos. What a doll. I love any excuse to play dress up with molly and have a photo sess as well ;)
Good to see David with a horse again. You guys take care.
I am so glad you like my new blog! I will get it up and running even more this weekend with my computer savvy husbands help :) I will for sure put new recipes up daily and if there iis ever a recipe request you have for sure leave me it in the comments section or if you try one and like it alot let me know so I can keep a tally on which ones people like best :) If you can put it on your blog so that others can link to it too that would be great! I want to share my passion for this stuff with as many people as possible! Thanks so much Stacy for supporting my blog and good luck cooking for your cousin, it really is so tough but that's so nice of you!
Staci! It was super fun seeing you and your darling family! Thanks for letting us stay! Also, I was about to go grocery shopping when I remembered grocerysmarts.. I was wondering if you had a UT passport so I could start?! If you do, would you email it to alyse@weber.edu?? Thank you!! (This is Alyse Laneri Essig by the way) :)
Post a Comment