Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Bear Lake

July is the perfect time to head north, so that is what Madi and I did. We went to Bear Lake with the Gertsch family-everyone except David and my brother-in-law Adam, but I guess some people have to work! We spent an extended weekend playing on the beach, boat, swimming pools and grass. It was fun to see all the family, some I hadn't seen since Christmas, so it is always nice to catch up and hear about every ones busy lives. The condo we stayed at was right on the beach, so it made it perfect for me to be able to go back and forth whenever Madi needed a nap or a break from the sun. My in-laws really put a lot of work in making sure the trip was a success, and it was! Thanks for a great summer vacation! The one thing bad part about the trip was not having Dave there....
Madi was perfectly content playing for hours in the sand. She would crawl around destroying the sand castles the other grand kids were building. Good thing they love her!

Uncle Steve and Madi bonding at the beach!

Two cute cousins playing together on the grass.

All dressed up and ready for church.
Maria getting practiced up for December!




Lauren loved playing with Madi, they had so much fun together. We are lucky to have so many fun cousins to play with!

And lastly, the whole group at Bear Lake! I can't believe we got everyone into the picture.

5 comments:

jilljohnson said...

The condo you stayed in is next door to my mom and dad's condo. I love bear lake too. Last week we stayed a night in Heber after picking my sis-in-law up from the girls camp. The whole time I keep wonder where you family lived.

The Gertsch's said...

I still want you to know what I am so bummed we didn't get to stay. The night we drove home I was so so sad...I hope the rest of the trip was fun! And I also hope we can get together before you head back!!

Melina said...

We were up at Bear Lake earlier this month too and my girls loved it, especially the destroying the sandcastles part. That's a bummer that Dave wasn't able to go with you guys but it looked like you had fun.

Dyan said...

Bear lake is the best :) Too bad we weren't there at the same time.

Emily said...

That's crazy! We were at Bear Lake just a few days after you were! What a small world! Your little Madi is getting so big! I'm glad to see you are doing so well.