Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Island Park and Yellowstone

Before we headed to Island Park for a vacation I told Madison she needed to do some chores around the house.




So after she and Uncle Cody got the lawn mowed Madi, me, and my brother and sister-in-law Cody and Jana left for a few days of cooler weather and beautiful scenery. We spent a whole day in Yellowstone driving around looking at the geysers and wildlife. We even saw a wolf chasing an elk up the mountain. I have never seen a wolf in the wild, let alone one chasing an elk. The elk got away by running into some water, and then we watched for a little while as the wolf patiently waited for the elk to get out of the water. It really was so cool to see, the wolf was huge with long legs and it looked mean! We also had fun in Island Park swimming and hiking.
Playing in park at the condo we stayed at.
Hanging at in front of a swimming hole in Yellowstone trying to decide if it was warm enough to go swimming...we decided it was not!
You can't go to Yellowstone without stopping and watching Old Faithful!
Cody and Jana after Madi decided she did not want to ride in the Bjorn, I guess she thinks she is getting too big for it.

5 comments:

rachel and brady said...

Looks like fun! We just got home from Jackson...and it is beautiful up there. And the cooler weather feels good too!

Jamie Bills said...

How fun! What a nice break from the heat! It looks like it was cool enough to wear a jacket!

Kurt and Jordan said...

ok she is so dang cute, everytime i see her she gets cuter and cuter and thats not possible;)

Christene said...

We're missing you here in Vegas Staci! I'm glad Madi got some work done around the house. See, this is why we have kids, to help with all those pesky chores! :) Yellowstone looks so inviting. I'm glad you guys had a good time!

The Lichtie Family said...

She is just so cute...and getting big. I am so sad we haven't met her yet! We are going to Vegas tomorrow, but when Steve talked to Dave I think he said he's been super busy with long days and even weekends. Not fun! Hope all is well.