At the end of the summer David and I finished our backyard. It was a lot of fun, and we love having grass and another place to play. We even planted a garden with peas, beans and tomatoes. They are supposed to be done in November, so we will see. I am finally getting around to posting some pictures.
The Before Picture... our lovely desert landscape.



The end... now we will see about our peas in November.

Since David built a fountain and pond in our yard, he thought we should get Madi some turtles. I don't like touching them, but you can see Madi has no problem picking them up and chasing them. (Don't worry I make her wash her hands after). Lucky for the turtles they came with a shell.


Madi with her pumpkin. We didn't go to a cool pumpkin patch to get one, just Smith's.

Trying to pick up her pumpkin. Doesn't she look happy?
Kids make the holidays so much fun! We went to our ward's trunk or treat this week and she had a ball walking around socializing with all the other kids. She has the most fun when she can walk by herself and go where she wants. She is certainly an independent little thing. Lately she gives so many hugs and kisses I love it. When she wakes up in the morning she gives us kisses on the lips and a hug. She is also obsessed with books. I swear I read her 20 books a day. She goes to the book shelf (if they aren't already on the floor) and hands me or David a book and sits on our lap to get read to. It's really the only time she sits still. Maybe it means she will be smart :).
The end... now we will see about our peas in November.
Since David built a fountain and pond in our yard, he thought we should get Madi some turtles. I don't like touching them, but you can see Madi has no problem picking them up and chasing them. (Don't worry I make her wash her hands after). Lucky for the turtles they came with a shell.
Madi with her pumpkin. We didn't go to a cool pumpkin patch to get one, just Smith's.
Trying to pick up her pumpkin. Doesn't she look happy?
Kids make the holidays so much fun! We went to our ward's trunk or treat this week and she had a ball walking around socializing with all the other kids. She has the most fun when she can walk by herself and go where she wants. She is certainly an independent little thing. Lately she gives so many hugs and kisses I love it. When she wakes up in the morning she gives us kisses on the lips and a hug. She is also obsessed with books. I swear I read her 20 books a day. She goes to the book shelf (if they aren't already on the floor) and hands me or David a book and sits on our lap to get read to. It's really the only time she sits still. Maybe it means she will be smart :).
5 comments:
Your backyard looks GREAT! I LOVE turtles...that is so cute that you have some for Madison. I don't know if I commented before or not but I love your family pictures from your last post.
Your backyard looks awesome!! And you have pets?!! My kids are dying to get something! And of course, Madi is looking super cute!!
Nice job on the backyard! Cute little Madi is looking like daddy! And great pictures!
Wow, Dave did a great job. I love the waterfall! Very fancy. It is funny Madi likes the turtles. What a perfect pet for a one year old. Don't you love reading book when she sits in your lap? It is one of my favorite things about being a mom.
Wow! The backyard looks so great! That was a lot of work - but you did a great job and I'm sure you'll enjoy it especially as Madi gets bigger!! A turtle sounds like a pet we could actually handle. Except with Easton around I'd still worry about it getting smashed - even with a shell!
Post a Comment