
So last night I had one of my life long goals fulfilled. I got to see my most favorite singer, Garth Brooks, in concert. I have loved Garth since I can remember. I have always wanted to see him in concert but he stopped touring when I was pretty young so I never went. When I found out that he was headlining a show at the Wynn there was no doubt that I was going to get tickets. The tickets sold out the first day for his first set of shows in a matter of hours, so I was so LUCKY that my cousin Raquel got through and got us all tickets for the Jan. 2 show. Raquel and I have always shared a love for Garth, so it was perfect. Her parents came down for the show, the six of us, Dave and I, Raquel, Jake, and Kraig and Jill all went together. The concert wasn't until 10:30pm so we went and ate at CPK, then off to the concert. I didn't really know that to expect since I had heard it was just Garth and his guitar. We ended up having tenth row seats in a theater that only seated around 1,500, so it was pretty small and intimate. Garth came out in a hoodie, jeans and baseball hat, and just started talking and playing. It was so cool. He played so many songs it was incredible. Since he didn't have another show after ours he played for 2 1/2 hours. We had such a good time, David says you couldn't wipe the smile off my face the whole time. He is going to be doing his show for 5 years down here, so I am for sure going to have to go again! It was the perfect way to kick off the new year.
7 comments:
WOW, i am so excited for you to get to go to the concert. I love your christmas post too. Little A sits on his little people barn too.
That sounds awesome. Concerts are so fun. That's cool that you guys were so close...
JEALOUS! Oh, how I would love to see Garth! Want to bring me instead of David next time? haha :)
Glad you had a nice Christmas. No worries about getting together. I know how crazy it gets trying to visit all the family on a limited amount of time! We'll catch you next time!
I'm so happy for your country music loving self, Stac:)!! I'll bet the intimate setting was AWESOME! Looks like you guys had a great Christmas - fun that your whole family was able to be together!
Staci, I bet you were so happy. I am happy for you because I know how much you LOVE Garth. I will admit every now and then I hear a Garth song on the radio and I don't even change it because it reminds me of you. I hope you had a nice Christmas! It would have been fun to see you, but there is always next time.
oh i am sooooooooooooooooooooooo jealous, next time i am down there I want to see that!!! I bet it was amazing!!!
How did you get a picture next to Garth or is that David I can't tell. they both sing good to me.
Blame it all on my roots!
Post a Comment