Sunday, September 12, 2010

Brock's Blessing Day

We spent Labor Day weekend in Midway this year. David just finished filing a report at work and got to use the rest of his paternity leave, so we wanted to go visit some family and one of us also wanted to check out the booths at Swiss Days:). Since we were going to be up there we also decided to bless Brock. It turned out great since a lot of our family ended up coming. David blessed him in the ward he grew up in. Since it was Swiss Days weekend, there were about 1600 people in attendance for sacrament meeting, and Elder Holland also happened to be in town, so we got to hear him speak during sacrament meeting. Brock's blessing was very special, David did a great job. I am so grateful for what a good person David is. He is a great husband and dad. He truly loves his kids! I am so blessed to be married to him. Brock was such a good boy during his blessing. He slept through both the blessing and the entire sacrament meeting. He is such a good baby.
The blow up slides at Swiss Days kept Madi happy. She went down this one at least 50 times. The girl loves to have fun!

3 comments:

Kolbi Young said...

So glad the blessing outfit worked out! The top button barely did up when Ryker was blessed - I think it has a small neck....

I especially love the family photo. Neither child looks happy and the parents are trying to grin and bare it! Such is life, huh?!

Kurt and Jordan said...

what a fun day!!! We were up there too, Kurt's 2 sisters blessed their babies that day!!! Kurt said he saw you at swiss days i'm so sad I missed you guys!!! I wanted to meet Brock!!! Hopefully I can soon, he is such a doll, you look amazing!

Sue said...

Staci,
It if fun to keep up with you through the blog world. Your kids are so darling!!