Thursday, November 11, 2010

Brock at 4 months

Brock is getting bigger and bigger every day. He has been growing much faster than Madi did. At 4 months he is wearing 6-9 months clothes. Madison was always true to size. Lately he is starting to notice the food we are eating and acting interested. I probably won't really start him on solids until he is 6 months old. To me it is so much easier to just nurse him. When I introduce solids it is messy and takes much longer to feed him. He seems to be growing just fine anyway, at four months Brock weighs 15 lbs 10 ounces (50-75% percentile), is 25 1/2 inches tall (75-90% percentile) and has a head circumference of 17 1/4 (90 percentile). He rolls from his stomach to his back and coos a lot. He is still a really happy baby, and has stopped spitting up as much after I feed him. We are lucky to have him in our family!

Madison loves to push him around in her doll stroller. Luckily he is a good sport and goes along with it. I think he likes the attention!


4 comments:

jilljohnson said...

They do grow up way too fast. When Andrew was about that old his cousin put him in her doll strowler and he broke it!

Adam said...

:) Hallie used to do the exact same thing to Ashton. Except he weighed like 8 pounds more, haha

Kolbi Young said...

I felt the same way about starting on solids - lots of work!!! My Dr. didn't recommend solids until Ryker was 6 months - so I think your plan is perfect. And then when they get to Ryker's age and throw everything, eating a meal turns into even more work. Another reason I like to eat out - ha!

Amy said...

He is so cute!! What a good sport to sit in the baby doll stroller like that! I waited on solids for Noah till about 5-6 months too... they are way more work. Although, Noah spit up a ton and solids did seem to help with that. Are you guys in Utah for Thanksgiving?? If the weather cooperates we're going to head that way, it would be fun to see you!