What amazes me MOST is her complete lack of fear for dogs. However, my fear has not subsided much. Even today we were visiting friends who have a couple of dogs, one big and one small, Madi was so excited and all she could think about was playing with them. I could not relax at this house because I was so nervous she would get bit again. If one even got close to her I had to go over and get her and I know it was driving her nuts and the owner's probably thought I should ease up, but I just can't. The memory of the incident is still very clear and real in my mind and I want to do everything possible to avoid it ever happening again. She was blessed so much that day, her injuries were incredibly minor in comparison to the what ifs that the doctors tell you about. So sorry little girl, but your prospects for getting your own dog anytime soon are not looking good:)
You can hardly tell! The bruise on her forehead and cut on her lip looks worse than her scars! We love this little girl and are so blessed to have her!!!!


Madi's vocabulary increases tremendously every day! She never ceases to amaze us with the phrases she comes up with and also the ones she mimics. She is really into pretend play right now and is never really Madison in any given day. She corrects me at least 30 times a day when I call her by her name. She says, No, mommy, I am Ashton...or Brady...or Spencer.... or Sid...or Halle....or Tanner....or Carson...or Cinderelly. Then whoever she decides she is determines who me and Brock are. I am usually the mom of her new persona and Brock is the little sister or brother. She stays in character pretty well and it just cracks me up.
She loves dressing up and has started to like coloring more and more. She had fun giving out Valentine's to her nursery class. We made princess ones with M&M's. While we were coloring them she kept asking if she got one too. She wanted to make sure we weren't giving them ALL away. She really is a good big sister and is likes to take care of Brock. She gives him lots of kisses and hugs. I'm so grateful for my two kids, they are so fun!
6 comments:
Seeing the first photo breaks my heart all over again....but I am so happy and grateful that her scars look so good (so good, I can't even see them in the photos)! You can come to my house anytime and it will be dog-free always - promises :) And yes, I agree....wish we lived closer so we could kid swap!!! We rarely have date night sans Ryker, but it feels really good when we do! Miss you!
she looks beautiful! every single little part of here
I can't even tell... She is such a gorgeous little girl... I can't believe how big she is now!! I think kurt and i need to come visit, it's been way too long!
I can't see the scars either :) I know how you feel though, I freak out about a lot of things. I freak out for my sister's kids for her. I'm pretty sure all this stress is killing me :)
That's sooooooooo cute that Madi still remembers Hallie and Ashton. Ashton was actually talking about Madi the other day, and it made me so happy that he brought it up all by himself! (of course, i talk to them about you guys pretty regularly, so that they won't even have the chance to forget).
Only 7 more weeks! Not that I'm counting or anything...
It is too funny that she isn't scared at all. She's always so brave with EVERYTHING! Miss you guys!
She's such a beautiful little girl! What an amazing recovery!!!
Post a Comment