Sunday, March 13, 2011

Spring is Here...Almost

We have been enjoying the sunny warm weather the past week or so and it is making me super excited for spring and summer. David's busy season will wrap up the end of March and in April we are going to San Diego for a week to take the kids to SeaWorld, the Zoo and the beach. The last time we were in San Diego Madison was 9 months old, the same age that Brock will be this time.
Brock is so close to crawling! He is rocking on his hands and knees and wants to move SO bad. He gets really frustrated that he can't move, I am excited to see him take off. He watches Madi move all around the house and wants to copy her.
This past week Madi has learned to say a complete prayer. She begins each prayer by saying bow your head, fold your arms, close your eyes, then says her prayer. She says a lot of the same phrases we say, but will add her own in too like, "thanks for Seaworld and Hawaii." It is so dang cute to listen to her pray, she is growing up!
David was working in Primm, NV a couple of days last week and stayed overnight, so we joined him. We thought it would be a fun idea, and it was, but it was also so tiring! We met him there in the afternoon and the kids and I went shopping at the outlets while Dave finished work. He met us and we went to dinner and went swimming. We planned on going to breakfast and shopping more the next day, but we didn't get much sleep that night. The kids kept waking each other up all night, so when morning came, we just packed up and went home. Luckily the kids took good naps the next day to make up for it:).
I want to crawl!!!
David takes the kids for walks in the mornings and visits our neighbor's horses. He has been going off and on since we moved here and has made friends with owners. They let Dave and the kids go into the stalls and Madi feeds the horses and gets to pet them. I went with them today to see where they like to spend their mornings.
Going on a walk, just chillin' in the stroller. He loves being outside!! 27th birthday! I had a fun birthday, Madison insisted that I get balloons, party hats, cake and ice cream, and it all had to be pink. Can't complain about that (and I got clothes)!
Sitting up in the high chair like a big boy.
Brock's teeth. Madi always laughs when he smiles and calls out his "two poky teeth."
We love the children's museum. Madi is in a dress up stage, so this is her favorite part of the museum lately.
The kids still like to play this game. Brock is almost too big for the doll stroller.

6 comments:

Amy said...

The picture of Brock in the stroller in shorts and no shoes makes me want to cry I want it to be warm so badly!! haha. We did San Diego with out kids last spring and it was so much fun I would love to do it again. Glad you guys are doing well - happy belated birthday!!! I'm glad Madi had you celebrate in style :)

Dyan said...

I love the stories about Madi. She and Nora would get along really well (or maybe they would fight because they are toddlers).

Unknown said...

Oh Stac! They are getting so big!! Brock is quite handsome migt I add! :) One of these times Thomas and I will have to come over and stay the night so you and Dave can go on a real "stay-cation."

We sure do love you guys!

Kolbi Young said...

Glad to hear that we're not the only ones that struggle with sleep while traveling! Although I imagine with two the trouble doubles :) Kids are darling, growing, growing, growing! Can't wait to hear about San Diego! Good luck!

Kurt and Jordan said...

Happy Birthday a bit late!! I thought of you and me all day:) I hope you had a great day, sounds like you did!!!! I just can't get over how cute your kids are!!!! We miss you guys!

Heather G said...

Love the hotel story - isn't that the truth with vacations?? It sounds SOOO good to get away, and then it's always much more work than you bargained for. At least you had a happy birthday and got to go shopping ;) How fun to have horses so close and I love the dress up photos and the ones with the kiddos in pjs pushing the stroller. Madi has the most genuine, sweet smile and looks at the camera!! You've got a little model on your hands with that little lady!