Monday, April 11, 2011
San Diego 2011
We just got back from a much anticipated vacation to San Diego. I started telling Madison about it a month or so ago and she didn't stop asking about it until we left. Dave and I were so excited about it because it meant no working (at Deloitte that it, anyone with little kids knows a vacation is TONS of work for the parents). We decided to fly and it was a short enough time (just over an hour) that it was exciting for the kids without being too difficult to keep them occupied. We ended up going to Sea World twice and the San Diego Zoo and Zoo Safari Park (formerly called the Wild Animal Park) each once. I liked all three, but Sea World is my favorite. I have decided it is the best amusement park for young kids. There is plenty of different activities to keep both the parents and kids entertained, but not too much that you feel like you are rushing to get to everything. Both my kids loved the Sesame Street area of the park. They had rides for really young kids and lots of rope courses, jumping, and crawling areas. All the shows were great as always. The weather was a little colder than I would have wanted, but we were okay to wear jackets and still have fun all day outside. We also had fun swimming every night after dinner. We took a lot of pictures and here are a few of my favorites.
Getting some energy out waiting for the plane!
Good little kids watching movies on the plane.
Star Fish pond at Sea World.
Brock and Dad as gorillas.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
we took the same trip last year & plan on doing it again next year! looks like you guys had a fun time. Your kids are too cute! love them cuddling in the first pic too funny!
Looks like you guys had so much fun! I can't believe how big your kids are. If you guys are down this summer, please call me. I would love to see you and catch up, and we could let the kiddos play.
Jake and I really want to go on a vacation and this makes me want to even more! It looks like you guys had fun! I'm jealous!
I'm jealous! Looks like a really fun trip! I can't believe how big Brock is... what a handsome dude!
Awww!! Stac! I have been waiting to read all about your fun little trip! The babes looked like they really have a good time! I can't believe how big they are BOTH getting!
So nice to see you get to "gettaway" for a little! Love ya!
Post a Comment