Thursday, April 14, 2011

Brock's Getting Close to a Year

Right after we got home from our vacation, I took Brock in for his 9 month check up. No shots this time, only a little prick to check for anemia. It was a quick check up, including the fact that we didn't have to wait long (which is rare at the clinic we go to). Brock is getting very wiggly, it was very difficult to get him to sit still for anything. He is a strong little boy and isn't afraid to fight back. We joke that he is going to be a really good wrestler because he hates his back. If you try to lay him on his back he starts to bridge or roll over or whatever he can do to get off it. He is also starting to creep up weight wise with his older sis, she weighs 26 pounds and at his 9 month appointment these are his stats:


Weight: 21 pounds 6 ounces

Height: 28 1/4 inches

Head: 18.5 inches


He has learned to clap and starts to clap when he is happy, trying to mimic us, or if we start to sing "if you're happy and you know it..." He will also give kisses when we ask, and is going through major separation anxiety. If I even stand up he starts to cry and crawl toward me. I don't remember this with Madi as much. He loves being outside and being on the trampoline or crawling around the grass. He also really likes going on walks in the stroller, as long as there are snacks in his little cup. He has four teeth and likes to grind them together. He is such a sweet little boy, he probably gets sick of me kissing and hugging him, but I can't get enough. I love watching him grow up.
Who needs two high chairs when you can share! I love these two kids!

2 comments:

Chrissy said...

they are getting too big too quick!! But he is such a cute boy!! I think that he is really starting to look like Madi, especially in the picture by himself.

Kolbi Young said...

Yep, Brock will be passing Madi up soon! Ryker now weighs 30 lbs. Funny! I love the photo of them both in the highchair! So cute.

Glad to hear that you had a great time in San Diego! We haven't been there in ages.....Maybe next spring before #2 comes along :) Not an annoucement btw....