Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter 2011

Happy Easter! Easter Sunday was so great this year. I made sure I had most everything ready before the weekend so we could enjoy our time as a family. On Saturday night after we got the kids to bed, David and I spent the night getting the baskets together for the kids and prepping a few things for Easter dinner. On Sunday morning I heard Madi get out of her room and waited for her to come into our room but when she didn't for a minute I figured I better check on her. Sure enough she was downstairs checking out her Easter basket. So I told her we have to go back upstairs and get Brock and David before we can start playing with her toys. Since Madi got us all up at 5:15 am, we had plenty of time to play with toys, eat breakfast, get ready for church and take pictures all by 8:30 in time for our 9 am church. So I guess there are some advantages to getting up that early. After a wonderful church meeting, we came home and made dinner. We had friends over for dinner and it was so fun. The kids did really good, and the company and conversation were great! We couldn't have asked for a better day!






This last picture is at an Easter Egg Hunt at the park for playgroup earlier this week.

6 comments:

Chrissy said...

Glad you had a happy easter!! And the kids look super cute in their easter outfits! You forgot the family picture so I can see all the outsfits tie together=)

Amy said...

Your have such cute kids!! I love Brocks shirt and tie... super cute. Easton was up at about 6:15 checking out the baskets by himself too. They're just so excited!!

Kolbi Young said...

5:15 is WAY too early! I usually try to coerce Ryker to go back to sleep (with me in my bed) if he wakes up before 7. And if he won't I stick on a movie and sleep next to him.....one day we'll have good sleep again ;)

The Easter outfits are darling! Love Brock's shirt and tie. Glad you had a great little celebration ;)

Kurt and Jordan said...

HAPPY EASTER!!!!!! Your kids look darling!! I love both their outfits! You guys coming out anytime soon???? we would love to see you

Dyan said...

Wow, 5:15 is too early. Your kids are darling.

Kolbi Young said...

Oh, yes! I have some good books for you to read.....Sarah's Key (holocaust memoir - read it on vacation and balled like a baby while lying on the beach)...The Help (haven't read this yet, but everyone I've talked to has loved it)...Vanishing Acts (by Jodi Picoult - some disturbing content, but overall great read)...The Other Bolyen Girl (I just love this time period, so I got stuck on this series and read them all)

I don't like fluffy books (except for anything by Nicholas Sparks), so I guess all of these have some disturbing content.....there's your disclaimer :) Let me know what you think!