Friday, September 16, 2011

Madi's 3rd Birthday

Our little firecracker turned 3 on September 10. I think it was the most anticipated event of the year in our house(at least by one member of the family)! It was so hard for Madi to have to wait to have both Brock's and David's birthday's first. She has quite a few friends and we thought it would be fun for her to have a friend party. I had a hard time decided what theme to choose, she changed her mind each day, and we were going to invite both boys and girls, so I didn't want to do a princess or Dora party. So we decided on a pink and green themed balloon party. She loves balloons. David blew up over 100 balloons (with his shop vac) and filled another 100 or so with water for the party. We played all sorts of games with them and the kids had a blast. I could tell that Madi genuinely enjoyed her party, and she was really nice to all her friends! We had pizza, cheeto balls, and grapes for lunch and cupcakes. It was a fun crazy day, with 16 kids running around our house! Happy Birthday to Madison! You are the such a fun, sassy little girl . What would we do without you? You make everything more fun. We love our Madi!

Getting ready to blow out her candles with all her friends.
This is what I did in her room after the party. Slowing getting my house decorated....
Putting the kids to work. David brought his shop vac out to clean up the balloons and the kids started cleaning them all up, it was funny and nice!
Brock so excited to be at the party and join in the fun.
I think the kids liked this game the most.
Madi opening presents from Raquel. She was a huge help with the party and Madi adores her!
Madi waiting for her friends to arrive and checking out the coloring books. Notice the cute blocks? Yep, that would be Maria's creative work again. She is amazing, you should check out her ETSY shop here.

3 comments:

Dyan said...

I love the theme! Great fun and gender neutral. Happy Birthday Maddie:)

Kolbi Young said...

Happy Birthday, Madi Girl!!! Balloons, pizza and cupcakes....what more could kids ask for? I would love to see Madi interact with all her friends - as I imagine her as the ring leader - which completely reminds me of myself (got spanked lots for being too bossy with my friends :). Is David inside the tramp or outside? I couldn't tell....but it looks hilarious with all the crazed children and balloons and him supervising - ha!

Kurt and Jordan said...

FUN FUN FUN!!!! You did such a good job on her party!!!!! I wish we lived closer to each other!!! When are you coming down next??? We would LOVE to see you guys!!!