Saturday, March 24, 2012

Ready for Spring

I always love this time of year, the weather warming up with the anticipation of summer, Easter, Spring Break, and most importantly the END OF BUSY SEASON. This is our 6th busy season, so really I should be used to it by now, but I'm not. Although I feel like I lasted longer this year than I ever have, before I started to really get tired of it. By this time of year, we are all exhausted and on each other's nerves. One thing that keeps me sane is the one hour in the morning of my self therapy. For about a year and a half I did the P90X videos 6 days a week. I loved doing it, loved the results and HAD to do it every morning so I could function at my best. Exercise is my out and it creates such positive energy for me. My mom always says that exercise helps her just as much mentally as physically and I feel the same. A couple of months ago a friend of mine started offering Boot Camp classes at Mountain's Edge Park so I started going. It's been so much fun! She is a great leader and really pushes me. I like the change, and it's been fun to workout with other people, and make new friends. Although I have to get up a little earlier than usual, I find myself really looking forward to it everyday. It's the only time during the day when I don't have the kids to take care of, and it has been one of the reasons I have more than survived this busy season. I am so grateful to Deanna for offering the classes!
Other than that, our family is doing well. We planned a quick little trip to St. George when David finishes, and then in May we have a family reunion with my family.
Brock is saying lots of new words, not always very clearly, but it has been nice to understand him more and more. A couple of stories about the kids, we have been trying to get Madison to stop sucking her thumb, and during school her teachers say she doesn't do it anymore. When she is home, we are always reminding her not to, and now Brock has picked up on it. When she sucks her thumb, he point to her and tells me "thumb." Sometimes he even pulls it out of her mouth. It makes me laugh that he caught onto that. Another thing, we were at the grocery store the other day and I was putting Brock in his car seat, and Madi was on the other side of the car getting into her car seat when a man approached his car, which happened to be right by her. As he started walking toward her she started pointing her finger at him saying 'NO, NO." I was so proud of her, we have been trying to teach her about strangers and yelling if someone tries to take her or something like that, and it made me smile knowing that she gets it a little bit. It also made me scared to think she might ever be in that situation. Our neighbors got Madi and Brock some traditional Ethiopian costumes. We dressed the kids up in them, I thought they looked so cute! The other pictures are of Madi's Easter Egg Hunt at school and our niece Andi who came to Vegas to play in a soccer tournament. She even stayed at our house one night and it was fun to get to know her better! I only wish she could have stayed longer.

No comments: