We made our annual trip to Heber for Christmas again this year. Although it is a lot of work to pack up ourselves and Christmas to take to Heber, it is always worth it. This year we were packed to the brim. Seriously if it wasn't for my incredibly talented husband's packing skills, we would not have been able to fit the kids. We drove up late Thursday night, with luckily great roads, and got into town pretty late. The kids of course went crazy playing with Grandma and Grandpa and their uncles, and didn't get to bed until late. The first three days we were in town, we had five parties to attend! It was crazy. Friday morning my Grandma Lucille took the kids to Jungle Jym's Playland in Salt Lake. We played for several hours and then had lunch at Chik-Fil-A. I do think their food is good, but I LOVE their lemonade. Later that evening we attended Mark and Kym's Christmas party. Kym made an incredible meal with so many different dishes. She is a great cook and entertainer. Santa Clause paid a visit at the end which was the highlight for Madi and Brock. Saturday morning my parent's ward had their Christmas party breakfast. The kids wore their pajama's and Santa made his appearance again. Later that day, was the Sweat Party. My grandpa took the kids around in the sleigh, I usually go, but it was FREEZING this year. So I let the kids and Dave enjoy it:) We had dinner and opened presents. Our family is so big, it is always a little crazy, but that's what I love.
Sunday we went to church and then went to Steph and Dan's for a party. The only Gertsch family in town was us, Dan and Steph of course, and Bart and Lori. We got to skype Lyle and Nola while we opened the gifts they sent from Samoa. It was fun to see the family, I only wish we could see them more often!
On Christmas Eve, Dave, Cody, Trevor and Dave's friend Aaron got to go skiing at Deer Valley. David has skied his whole life, but my brother's have not gone much at all. The picked up on it pretty well, and they had a blast skiing all day with fresh powder. Thanks to my Aunt Michelle for hooking them up with the tickets. I think it was the highlight of Dave's trip.
Christmas morning my kids woke up excited to open presents. The highlight was a giant 4 foot teddy bear that Madi wanted so badly. We hid it in the closet and told her to grab some shoes out of there. When she opened the closet she got a big smile on her face and said, "Is that mine? How did Santa get that in there?" And gave it a big hug. It was pure joy. She has slept with the bear the every night since and absolutely loves it! Kids are the best part of Christmas. The rest of the trip we played with the toys, Dave and I saw Jack Reacher, which was really good, and we dragged the kids around in tubes behind four wheelers. It was a great Christmas, but I do not miss the frigid temperatures. Every morning my kids would wake up and want to play in the snow. They only lasted ten minutes or so, but it took forever to get their snow stuff on and off! I love Christmas, but I am really excited to be back, and get ready for the our new little baby this Spring!
Unfortunately, I forgot to bring my real camera, so I only have a few pictures that Dave took on his phone.
 |
| Our tree before packing up and heading to Heber. |
 |
| Madi's class had a gingerbread party that we got to help with. |
 |
| Grinch frosting! |
 |
| Jungle Jym's Party |
 |
| Christmas Morning |
 |
| Madi and her big bear |
 |
| This is how she sleeps at night now. |
 |
| Brock had to try it out. |
 |
| Visiting with Santa |
 |
| Opening presents at the Sweat Party |
 |
| More presents |
 |
| Anxiously waiting Christmas morning |
No comments:
Post a Comment