The week after Thanksgiving our family took a trip to Disneyland for a few days. We tried the same trip in December two years ago, and ended up leaving the park at one in the afternoon because it was so busy and cold! This year was ten times better. We left on Sunday after church and unfortunately what was only supposed to take 4 hours, ended up taking 7! The traffic was horrible, and I quickly remembered what I dislike most about Southern California. We pulled into our hotel at midnight and the kids were up at five ready to go. We had to make them wait a few hours because the park didn't open until 10 am, but it gave them time to go swimming and eat breakfast. We spent one day at Disneyland and one day at California Adventure. The weather was nice both days, we brought jackets to wear at night, but during the day it was warm. The lines weren't too bad and we were able to ride every ride that we wanted to. Our friends the Lichty's and the Morris' also happened to be at Disney the exact same days, so it was fun to run into them throughout our trip. Our kids are at a good age to be able to run around and have fun on the rides. It will be different with a new baby, so I'm glad we went when we did. Madi could ride almost all the rides, and loved all of them, except for the Tower of Terror at California Adventure. She told me that next time we go to Disneyland, she will NOT be riding that ride. Neither Dave nor I had been on the ride so we had no idea what it would be like, so I felt kind of bad taking her on it. But oh well, she went on Space Mountain and Splash Mountain and loved both of them. Our drive home was so much better, it took us less than 4 hours. What a difference the traffic makes! I am already planning our next trip!
 |
| Patiently waiting for our shuttle |
 |
| Madi's friend Jordyn from her preschool class! |
 |
| Waiting in line |
 |
| Autotopia |
 |
| The kids were starstruck! |
 |
| Playing in Minnie's house |
 |
| Pure joy! And she loved her Mickey pretzel:) |
 |
| Right before the World of Color Show |
 |
| Bug's Life 3-D show |
1 comment:
What a fun trip. Two days is about all I can take of the Disney, too :) That's perfect for little tots. I cracked up that Madi hated Tower of Terror. I'm sure Ryker would have a fit, mid-ride!
In other BIG news..... CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I'm so happy to hear about a little baby girl on the way! You are amazing, Stac! Having just transitioned to two kiddos, I'm scared to death about adding a third. Good thing they're so darn cute! We need to catch up sometime soon! Miss you guys!
Post a Comment