Saturday, June 22, 2013

Ella's Blessing

On June 2 we blessed Ella in Las Vegas. Carson, Jennifer and Trevor came down on Friday for the blessing. We swam at Mandalay Bay, ate at Raising Canes, and took Trevor to a Filipino market. We also grilled carne asada tacos on the grill Saturday night with the family and some friends. It was a lot of fun spending time with them. At the last minute my parents told me that they couldn't come due to some obligations at home. Then on Sunday morning I was getting the kids ready for church and I heard my doorbell.  Since it was Fast Sunday, I assumed it was the YM from my ward.  Instead I was surprised by having my mom, Uncle Paul, Aunt Teri, Lexi, Sadie, Emili, Todd and Matt on my doorstep.  I was in total shock!  The night before they decided at the last minute to make the trip down and surprise us.  It was so much fun!  I started crying when I realized it was them.  It made Ella's blessing very memorable.  I have the best family in the world!  After taking a few pictures, we headed to church for the blessing. David did a great job. We also had some convert baptisms, and David confirmed one of them. After the blessing we ate at Cafe Rio since I did prepare any food for my surprise guests. We ate and an hour or so later my family was gone. It was a whirlwind of a day, and one I will never forget! Ella is such a special little girl.  She is full of spunk, and we wouldn't have it any other way.  She loves to coo and smile. She also sticks her tongue out a lot and loves to be on her belly. I could hold her all day...and sometimes I do!









No comments: