Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Christmas 2013


Christmas was very unique this year for several reasons.  First off, the week of Thanksgiving Dave interviewed with Hinton Burdick for an accounting position, and shortly thereafter we decided to take the position.  So with all the hustle and bustle of the holidays, we knew that after the new year we would be packing up our house and moving to St. George. I tried to focus on Christmas first and save the packing for after, but it still was weighing on my shoulders a bit.  Lyle and Nola also returned from their mission on December 10, and we made a super quick trip to the SLC airport to see them.  It was fun, but the it almost did the kids in to drive 12 hours in less than a 24 hour period.  I am glad we did it! We stayed with Lyle and Nola for Christmas this year and had such a great time.  Before we left for Midway we gave the Madi and Brock their new bikes so we wouldn't have to bring them with us.  They were pretty excited and have since been riding them every chance they can get. All of Dave's siblings came to Midway at one point and we got to see everyone.  Madi and Brock loved Christmas! It was definitely my favorite Christmas's so far. Unfortunately there was a lot of sickness which wasn't fun, on Christmas Eve night both Madi and Brock woke up throwing up two or three times each. I felt so bad!  Christmas morning they still had fun opening presents, but they were very chill.  It was really weird.  A couple days later I was got the sickness, and was sicker than I have been in a LONG time.  I couldn't keep anything down for 24 hours and felt horrible the whole time.  I felt so bad because I missed Lyle and Nola's homecoming and lots of family time.  I hated being upstairs feeling like crap when all the family was downstairs having fun.  I am just glad it didn't last much longer.  Dave went skiing a couple of time, once at Deer Valley with his dad, Bart and Brady, and Cody thanks to Aunt Michelle for her ticket hook up, and another time with lots of his family at Brighton.  He also took the kids sledding and four wheeling and we spent some time with my family. I had Ella with me most of the time, and enjoyed every minute with her! It was a great Christmas!   When we got home, we took down Christmas in about 5 minutes and started packing boxes.  We are really excited about the next chapter in our life!



















2 comments:

Liz said...

I just saw that you are moving to St George! We moved here in September when Adam accepted a job with an accounting firm. Kind of crazy. You must be an awesome wife to handle him working at Deloitte for that long. Good luck with you move!

Staci said...

Liz that is so fun! Where does Adam work? I hope we run into you when we move to St. George. What part of town do you live in? We are not quite sure where we are moving yet. It looks like you have 4 kids! So crazy.... I remember when you had your first little girl!