Sunday, December 1, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013

Our Thanksgiving holiday was very unique this year.  We decided to stay home and do it all by ourselves.  We have stayed in Vegas in the past, but when we do, we have dinner with the Crowe's. This year they had other plans for Thanksgiving, so it was just us.  I was really excited to be with my little family since it is rare lately.  Thanksgiving morning Dave played football with the ward and the kids I played at the park since I didn't have to cook dinner! For dinner, we went to Claim Jumper and it was delicious! I think we might need to make eating out a tradition, it was super yummy and SO much easier!!!! After Ella napped, we all went to Free Birds, a kids movie about turkeys.  It was really cute and all the kids really enjoyed it.  Madi and Brock loved it, while Ella was really pleasant, she took turns with Dave and I and crawled around a bit.  Friday morning we got up around 5:30 (normal time for my kids) and threw our coats on and went Black Friday shopping with the kids. We picked up some clothes for everyone and played at Town Square where they had hot chocolate and donuts.  After that Dave took the kids home and I shopped for a few more hours at Town Square and the outlets.  The rest of the weekend we shopped a little more, had our family pictures taken, played, and got our Christmas decorations and tree up and decorated.  I sure love spending time with my little family.






2 comments:

Amy said...

That sounds like a perfect Thanksgiving!! As fun as it is to get together with a big group, I love the low-key, family times. Your kids are so cute - Madi's expressions always crack me up!

The Gertsch's said...

I love Madi on the ladder, cracks me up! Sounds like a fun thanksgiving.