Monday, March 31, 2014

Last Visitors in Vegas

At the end of March my niece Andi had her annual soccer tournament in Las Vegas.  Kristy told us about it in December thinking that we would not be in Vegas anymore, but maybe we would see them as they drove through St. George.  As it turned out, our house had not sold by then, so Kristy and Adam and all the kids decided to visit, and since they were coming, Lyle and Nola made the trip from Midway as well.  They turned out to be our last visitors, and the weekend that they ended up coming, was the same weekend we got the final offer on our house. The week they came was absolutely crazy!  Dave was in St. George of course and we had so much going on.  I ended up helping Raquel a little bit with Kinzie, as she had Boston a couple weeks before, and the other usual business with three kids and trying to keep it clean for showings.  That week I got so many calls from Realtors wanting to see the house, I could feel that we were going to sell it.  So while it was so stressful, it was also really exciting to finally see some light at the end of the tunnel.  Two weeks before our actual offer, we got the 1st offer on the house and accepted it. The buyer ended up backing out the next day and I was devastated.  I had no idea!  Luckily, it happened very quickly and we were able to bounce right back, but I took it pretty hard. Most of the time we were living in our house it was underwater due to the great recession and housing crisis. So in order for us to sell it, we did not have much wiggle room in the price. Also, we didn't love our Realtor, so it was a huge learning experience. Everything worked out with having our family stay because we accepted the buyers offer Thursday, the same day Kristy and Adam came, and so not only were we relieved, but we also didn't have to keep it clean anymore!   The weekend turned out fun, watching games, hiking in Red Rock, eating out, and catching up with the family.  I only got one picture, I guess I was too busy having fun!

No comments: