Monday, June 16, 2014

Island Park & Yellowstone

The Sweat Family Reunion this year was in Island Park, Idaho. My cousin Judd's wife has some family cabins that we were able to rent and fit almost the entire family.  We had 2 huge cabins.  It was a long drive for us (about 9 hours)  but I 'm really glad we made the effort. On the way up we stopped for the night in Midway to break up the drive.  We ended up taking my Aunt Teri and cousin Sadie with us on the drive, which worked nicely for us because they helped entertain the kids, but I'm sure they were dying! My kids were in heaven playing in the dirt and water and being with cousins all day.  My favorite parts were riding the razors ( I really want one!) and driving through Yellowstone.  I wish we could have gone more days, but my kids didn't like all the driving.  We had huge family dinners and breakfasts every morning and night, and I never felt a hunger pain the whole trip!  We ate so much. I love catching up with all my family.  I grew up so close to them, even now that I live away and don't see them very often, I have a strong bond with all of them. On the way home Trevor drove with us and we stopped at our good friends Adam and Whitney Morris in their house in Idaho Falls for lunch and dinner time with stopped at Grandma Lucille's and she and I went shopping and got the kids some PJ's.  When we got to Midway, Dave took the kids inside to bed and I went to my parent's to drop Trevor off.  I talked to my mom for a while and when I got back to Midway around 11 pm Dave informed me that he wanted to drive all night while the kids were sleeping.  I wasn't really feeling up to it, but he wanted to so we did.  It worked out pretty well, Ella still screamed a lot of the way, but the other two were quiet as a mouse.  It was probably best to just get it over with.  It was a LONG trip, but i'm so glad we did it. Idaho and Yellowstone in June are amazing!















No comments: