Monday, June 30, 2014

Wasatch Back Ragnar

For the past several years I have been getting into running more and more. I never understood runners before, but after going to boot camp, I kinda started to like it.  I mentioned to Dave one time that I would like to run a RAGNAR.  He must have thought I was serious because he told my friend Meagan and she invited me run with her team in the Wasatch Back Ragnar.  I was really scared at first, but after training for several months I felt ready. I knew most of my teammates from another boot camp I did right after I had Ella.  It was an interesting group, most of the people were very different from me, but I enjoyed getting to know them.  It was really fun to run throughout the valley that I grew up in.  I saw lots of people I know, and my parents even came to the finish line in Park City.  During one of our breaks in Heber, Carson and Jennifer let us shower and sleep at their place for a few hours.  I didn't run as well I thought I should, but I learned a lot, and will definitely be more prepared for when I do another one!  I'm so glad Dave pushed me to try the race.  I hope to do more  races in the future. While I was gone, Dave took good care of the kids, I sure missed them, but a very rare weekend away was appreciated!





No comments: