Our moving day FINALLY came! Sometimes it felt like we were NEVER going to move. Looking back, it wasn't that long, but the unknown and having David gone during the week made for some very long days and weeks. Like I said in previous posts, we found out where we were moving the week of Spring Break, leaving us with a little less than 2 weeks to finish packing and the other details that needed to happen for us to move. We were so ready! I spent all my free time packing and packaging our entire house during the week. We sold our couches and left all the major appliances as part of our seller's agreement, so we didn't have to worry about that. David is a really good mover and likes everything possible in boxes. He also likes to do everything by himself. He loaded our entire moving truck BY HIMSELF (for two reasons, one he didn't want to inconvenience anyone, and two, he likes it done right!). You should have seen him taking huge dressers downstairs, alone, with just a dolly. He is physically very strong , but I think his willpower and determination are even stronger. I could not believe all that he was lifting and he just. kept. going. I think we make a good team! We packed up our truck all day Saturday and went to church one last time on Sunday. Many friends offered to help, and Jamie Burt and her family helped so much at the end. She came and cleaned and brought us dinner on Sunday before we drove off. It really was so nice. Sunday afternoon we drove to St. George, I took Madi and Ella in the Traverse and Dave and Brock drove in the moving truck pulling the Altima . I got to St. George first since we could go faster and we stopped at Freddy's to eat and wait for the boys. Afterwards we met Dave at our new house on Black Brush. We couldn't officially move in until May 1, and it was April 26th, but our landlord said we could unload our truck into the garage so that we could return the Uhual. So I distracted the kids and Dave unloaded our entire lives into the garage by himself in a couple of hours. It was so crazy! We got a hotel room at the Hampton Inn thinking we would have to stay until Thursday, but our landlord was nice and got the house ready for us by Monday at 5pm. It was such a relief! Lyle and Nola came last minute on Monday and helped us move everything in and set up beds, put away the kitchen, etc. They are so very helpful. Dave was still working, so he went into work the next day, but by the next couple of weeks we had almost everything unpacked and mostly decorated. We love our house and location, and feel very blessed to have found such a good fit for our family.







No comments:
Post a Comment