Sunday, August 16, 2015

1st Day of 1st Grade

August 13th was a big day for our family, Madi started first grade.  I feel like this has been a long time coming, this is her 5th year going to school, counting preschool and kindergarten, so she was ready.  Her teacher is new this year, so we don't have a track record for her, but after the first two days Madi says she likes her, so I am keeping my fingers crossed!  Madi is obsessed with Paris right now, so when I found this shirt that says "meet me in Paris," I knew it was the perfect first day of school outfit.  On her first day, I kept checking the time, it felt SO long, she is in school for 7 hours.  I was worried she would be stir crazy or hungry when she got home, but she came home happy and told me her day was good. She gets a few recesses, and lunch at school, which is new. If you eat school lunch you have to remember a six digit code and type it into the computer.  She was nervous about it all summer, so a couple of days before school started Dave changed one of the iPhone pass codes to her number and she had it memorized in about a day.  I was so proud of her, and she told me she was one of the few 1st graders that had it memorized.  She is such a smart little girl, both street smart and book smart. Her mind is like a steel trap, and she is so observant.  If I lose anything I can ask Madi to find it, and about 95% of the time she already knows where it is, or can find it quickly.  I'm sure proud of my little Madi, she had grown up so much, and has such a bright future!

The weekend before school started, we had one last hurrah and met the Lichty's at Little Jamaica.  Chrissy is one of my favorite friends, she is the real deal and has taught me so much; I am so grateful we crossed paths in Las Vegas several years ago.  She has the best family, and we loved spending time with them. 







No comments: