Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Labor Day

Labor Day weekend we finally got a chance to take the kids to Kannaraville Falls to hike.  I went with the YW a couple of months before and wanted to take Dave and the kids.  The hike is beautiful with slot canyons, walking through lots of water about ankle deep, waterfalls and a rock slide. It kind of reminded me of a mini version of the Narrows. It was pretty adventurous for little kids, but mine loved it and Dave is good to carry them when needed.  It also happened to be pretty busy that weekend, but it was still fun! Earlier in the week we celebrated Dave turning 33 with his favorite Ghiradelli Brownies and vanilla ice cream.  Later in the week we went to Anasazi for dinner to celebrate which was a fondue place.  We started out with a cheese fondue with veggies, bread and apples. Then we had salad and the main course which was a steak we cooked on a hot block. At the end we had dessert fondue which was a chocolate caramel sauce and we dipped fruits, rice krispies, marshmallows and pretzels. I've never been to a place like that, so I'm glad we tried it. I love going out with Dave, it doesn't happen enough lately! Dave also took the kids to Sand Hollow one day to give me a break, they love it there!


















No comments: