We've had big changes lately at our house. Dave and a couple of partners took a plunge and started their own CPA firm. They have been working on it for a few months, but made it official on October 15 by quitting Hinton Burdick. Ever since it has been quite the ride. The new firm is called HGG Advisors (Hurst, Gardner, Gertsch) and they focus on accounting, payroll and taxes for various businesses. Before they could set up shop, they had to do some remodeling to the building they bought. We helped a little, but they mostly used contractors. It's starting to look really good now, and just needs some decor at this point. It's amazing how much work it takes to set up a new company. Dave has always worked really long hours beginning with his Deloitte days, but this new company takes the cake. He's been working at least 80-90 hours a week just to keep up with everything. I don't know how he does it, but things are definitely different now. He has a new skip to his step and he really enjoys the work. It is so rewarding to be able to build something, and he also really likes the other two partners that he went into business with. As for me and the kids, we are at least used to him being gone, and we expected it to be this way, so it's been okay for us. I think we have been blessed because it hasn't been as difficult as it should be. And Dave is really efficient with his time and somehow manages to do more in day than anyone I know. The other night Brock jumped off the counter and broke off a cupboard (don't ask me how he did that and didn't get hurt). I told Dave how frustrated I was knowing that I couldn't fix it and that I wouldn't see him home for a while. Well that night at 3:30 in the morning I woke up to the sound of a drill and hammer and saw Dave fixing the cupboard. That's just how he is, he works so hard and seems to have a superhuman ability to work through fatigue as well as a tremendous amount of drive.
I am really excited for this opportunity for Dave and our family. Starting a business is something he has always wanted to do, and I think this company has great potential.



No comments:
Post a Comment