Sunday, October 4, 2015

58th Wedding Anniversary

My Sweat family decided to have a big party for my Grandparents 58th anniversary, since they were on a mission during the 50th. It was in Heber at the Stake Center.  We traveled home and I'm glad we did.  There was a family dinner first with a couple of us reading excerpts from a memory book my Aunt Susan is putting together. It was really fun to hear the different memories.  After the dinner we cleaned up for the Open House.  My aunts and cousins had it decorated so nice and we had appetizers and desserts. My cousin Sadie made a movie with lots of pictures that was playing on the TV and there was a huge piece of butcher paper laid out on tables that had a timeline. We all added our own events like births, marriages, baptisms, graduations, etc.  It was fun to see all that had happened. I loved catching up with my cousins and aunts and uncles. It also worked out that weekend that we could attend the funeral of Jason Porter's grandpa, Gary Coleman.  Gary was a great guy, and even within the last couple of years he let Dave stay in his St. George condo while he started working and we were in Vegas selling our house.  His funeral was really nice, and I'm glad we were in town for it.  Raquel and Jake also blessed their baby Quincy, so we got to attend that.  It was a great weekend to catch up with lots of family, I'm glad we live close enough to attend things like that. 
And just this past conference weekend my SIL Stephanie McArthur and some of her family stayed with us as she ran the St. George Marathon.  She is amazing, and averaged around 7 minutes miles!  It was so inspirational being at the finish line, it almost made me want to run one.  I'm not there yet, but I think it needs to be on my bucket list! We loved having her family come, they are so fun and accomplished, I need to figure out her and Dan's secrets on raising kids! We enjoyed the rest of the weekend trying to watch conference. I get a little frustrated at how hard it is to watch with little kids, but Dave reminded me that this is just our season..... 












No comments: