Monday, November 30, 2015

Thanksgiving at Home

We decided to have Thanksgiving at our house this year for a couple of reasons, one we have been traveling a lot lately, and Dave is still pretty busy. It ended up being just what we all needed.  The kids and I made pie and rolls the night before and Dave and I made the rest of the meal the next day. I wanted to do a 5k or something like that with the kids, but it was pretty cold, so we settled on Dave playing basketball with his friends and I ran my own 10k. After eating we went and saw the Peanuts movie, which was kind of disappointing if you ask me, my kids liked it okay, but none of us were very impressed.  But it was still fun to get out.  Later that night I went to Target to get some Black Friday deals and Dave stayed home and the helped the kids decorate a gingerbread house.  The next morning the whole family went Black Friday shopping in our pajama's and we also picked up our Christmas tree.  It turned out to be pretty fun. The rest of the weekend we decorated the tree, played at the new Duck Park, ate way too many leftovers and had a pretty chill weekend.  


















No comments: