
I was looking through my pictures today and found this picture of Madison and my two cousins Emili and Todd. Since we couldn't move into our house in Las Vegas until mid October, Dave and I stayed with my parents in Heber so that I could keep my same doctor and have Madison in Utah. I didn't have Madison until a week past my due date, so needless to say I was going a little stir crazy just hanging out at my parents house. (My last day at work was three days before my actual due date). David and pretty much every other adult I knew had jobs and were working during the day, but luckily I had a friend. Todd would faithfully come over to the house every morning to see if I had gone to the hospital or not. He would knock on the door and then walk in, look at my pregnant belly and say, "Ah, your still pregnant??" Believe me Todd, you weren't the only one disappointed with that. Todd even hung out with me a few hours each day and helped me scrub tubs and whatever else I could find to do to pass the time. I have never met a five year old who got so excited about a little baby. He was really fun to have around. On the day that we came home from the hospital, Todd sat on his front porch and waited for us to get home. He was our first visitor and our helper to remind other visitors to wash their hands and make sure to support Madi's neck when they held her. We have missed having so much family around since we moved to Las Vegas, so we are looking forward to the holidays when we can visit everyone.
1 comment:
That's so cute about Todd! I'm starting to feel the "ah, you're still pregnant" thing... at least hearing it from a cute little boy isn't too bad!
Post a Comment