Sunday, February 5, 2012

New month please!!

I am excited for January to be over and to be moving on to a new month. The past couple of weeks we have been confined to our house because of multiples illnesses. It started out with Madi coming home after her second day of her new preschool with cold like symptoms. She kept getting worse so I kept her home from school. The next day she woke up and said her ears hurt so we took both kids to the doctor thinking they had ear infections. Well we were right, they both had ear infections in both ears but we also found out that they both have RSV. I felt so bad for the poor kids. They gave us some antibiotics for the ears and a nebulizer to do breathing treatments on the kids. We did the first round of breathing treatments in the office and it was a nightmare. Both kids were frantic and we all but tied them down to do the first treatment. I was not looking forward to doing that eight times a day! So we went home and started giving them their medicine and by the next day they both seemed to feel a little better. They still don't love the breathing treatments, but they will somewhat tolerate them with a lot of bribing! A couple days later we took them back to the doctor and she said their lungs sounded much better and we could reduce the breathing treatments to twice a day! Meanwhile I started getting cold symptoms that kept getting worse. When the cold medicine didn't work I thought it might be a sinus infection so I went to a doctor and got medicine for one. Sinus infections are awful! I am so glad the medicine is working! It hasbeen a wild couple of weeks and I am ready for a fresh start. Madison was so sad she had to miss so much school and church, and it was so hard to be stuck at home and feeling so crappy. I am excited for a new week and nicer weather! Here are some pictures of the kids breathing treatments:
Brock will keep it in his mouth as long as he can play with the iPhone or iPad. Whatever works!
Rapunzel doing her breathing treatment all by herself. I figured this is how she would want to do it. Such an independent little thing!

6 comments:

Azy said...

I have been wondering why I haven't seen you lately. Glad to hear you guys have been feeling better. The pictures are adorable- Poor things!

Dyan said...

I am sorry your family has been so sick. It sucks. We have been too, but they don't have RSV (at least that I know about).

Amy said...

What a rough couple of weeks!! When Noah had RSV, it was the sickest I'd ever seen him... I can't imagine having both of them so sick at once - especially when you're not feeling well either! Glad you're all on the mend!

Chrissy said...

Wow! You guys got hit hard. Glad you are feeling better!

Kolbi Young said...

Let's just agree that January sucks. Glad you're on the mend and ready for some V-day treats (juju hearts anyone? :)

Spring is on the way, right?!!

Kurt and Jordan said...

That is so sad... I am sorry you have had such a hard month. Hopefully they got it all out for the whole year... I wish I lived closer so I could make you dinner or something