Friday, April 13, 2012

Baby Gap

We had a rough day on Monday. Brock and I were shopping while Madi was at school. He grabbed onto a shelf that was not secured and pulled it onto his face. He smashed his gums and lips pretty bad and ended up doing nerve damage to one of his teeth and had to have it pulled. I could not believe it! His mouth bled for hours, including blood clots. The poor guy was in so much pain. I had a hard time even looking at his injury, his mouth was so swollen and purple.
Right after it happened I took him home to get a better look at it and because Madi was almost out of school. I was hopeful that he wouldn't have to have his teeth pulled, but when I took him to a pediatric dentist they did an x-ray and confirmed that it would have to be pulled. It made me really sad at first, in fact when the dentist told me it would have to be pulled I cried. But, his new look is growing on me a little! Raising kids is not easy! I love how his messy face and dirty shirt add to his new look!

3 comments:

Chrissy said...

Poor guy!! Still a cute little man though!!

Azy said...

He is darling in this picture!! Chris said that they probably just leave it the way it is since its just a baby tooth. I wonder if thats what your dentist will do? Hope he is doing good now that it probably doesn't hurt anymore.

Kurt and Jordan said...

Oh my gosh Staci, I am sooo sorry! I can't imagine how bad that must of hurt! He is one tough kid, and you are one tough momma!!!! He looks adorable though:) I love his cute little smile:)