The night before Halloween our ward had their Trunk-or-Treat. It was fun to see everyone from both wards, since our ward recently split. It has been interesting to go from such a big, fun ward, to a much smaller one. I'm sure we will get used to it, but it is such a drastic change! Not to mention that David is now the second counselor in the Bishopric, so he is very busy with all the changes. I am looking forward to things settling, if they ever do!
Finally on to Halloween! I got to volunteer at Madi's school during her Halloween party. They had a little parade, and then for the rest of class her teacher integrated Halloween activities into their regular routine. I was so impressed with her teacher. She knows how to keep those 4-year-old's engaged and in line! She had so many little games and rhymes to help them learn. Madi loved having me there and wouldn't let me leave her side. It was kind of fun to get a sneak peak of her "other life." After her party, we had soup and bread bowls for dinner and headed out for trick or treating. We always drive to a couple special friends houses and then walk around our neighborhood. We ended up staying later than usual at some of our friends, so when we got back to our neighborhood, we had one neighbor waiting at our door to give the kids their "special treats." She was worried we weren't coming. Then when we went to the other houses, several neighbors commented on how they were worried they had missed us. It's fun to have such good neighbors who love our kids so much. By the end of the the night, our Madi and Brock were so excited and hyper with all their candy, I was afraid they would never go to bed! It was a GREAT Halloween, and the perfect start to the holiday season.


1 comment:
Staci, Wow you are busy with Halloween! I can't believe David is the bishopric. Ahh! I bet that is really hard for you. It is fun to get a peek into your life:)
Post a Comment