Monday, September 9, 2013

Madi's 1st Day of Kindergarten


Madi's first day of kindergarten was a week after the rest of the school due to our Seattle trip.  I did feel a little bad about it, but it ended up being fine.  She is a super smart kid and catches on really fast. She started out going in the afternoon class, but after a week of that her teacher suggested that we switch her to the morning because most of the kids in the afternoon class were already 6 or close to it, and she had just turned five that week. I didn't have too much of a preference either way, but I have come to like the mornings a lot better, and she has several friends in the morning class so it has worked out.  Madi's teacher is Ms. Breault and they call her Ms. Bee.  Her teacher takes to the "Bee" theme and decorates her room with bumble bees and does other bee activities.  The kids really take to it.  I drop Madi off in the morning about fifteen minutes before school starts and she gets to play on the kindergarten playground. I pick her up after school and get to talk to her teacher and keep close tabs on her progress.  I really like her teacher this year, she seems to like Madi and is willing to work with her, which is great.  On Monday's she gets a homework packet of 12 pages due on Friday, so we do 3 pages a day.  She is pretty good about doing it with me, but three pages is pushing it, she gets pretty wiggly after that.  We also read at least 20 minutes a day and practice sight words and writing.  It's fun watching her grow! 
 

No comments: