Madi's birthday came after a very busy period of time. On her actual birthday, she had school (she was still going in the afternoon at this time), so we decided to go to lunch before. By the time we got all the kids in the car and were driving to McDonalds, both Brock and Ella had fallen asleep. So, we went through the drive through and ate our lunch together in the front seat. After we stopped at the Cupcakery and she picked out some cupcakes for herself and the rest of the family. They were so delicious! It was actually pretty fun to just have some one of one time with her eating lunch in the car. At five years old Madi weighs 43.2 lbs (67 percentile) and is 42 1/2 inches tall (43 percentile).
I didn't have a lot of time to plan a party for her, but it came together really well and she had fun! She wanted to have a friend party and I just could not get things together. So when my friend Holly called to ask me to babysit her three girls on Saturday night, decided to throw the party then. We also invited 5 other friends while their parents had a date night. Madi wanted a Barbie themed party and we made pizzas, played games, had a piñata, cake and ice cream, opened presents, and watched a Barbie movie. It was pretty crazy with so many little girls, but it was fun. Raquel, Jake and Kinzie came and helped as well as Stephanie Clayton. The party had everything that Madi wanted and I'm just so happy that after what seemed like 6 months of planning (on Madi's side) that it came together! Happy Birthday Madi, you are an amazing kid. You are so brave and adventurous and have the street smarts of someone 3 times your age! You are also so responsible and sharp, nothing gets past you, and I love everything about you! I can't wait to see where the next five years takes us. You are the perfect oldest child, and I just hope I can continue to sort of keep up with you. 





No comments:
Post a Comment