Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Labor Day Weekend

Labor Day Weekend was chuck full, and full of surprises.  It started out with Steph and Dan and some of their kids coming Friday night and staying with us.  They had plans to go to Zion all day and then come back later that night for dinner and brownies for Dave's birthday.  We had a fun breakfast with them and off they went.  Their kids are older and the hike they were doing was too hard for my kids, or else we would have joined them. We wanted to get out of the house, so we decided to hike as well. On our way we saw that Hurricane was celebrating Peach Days so we stopped by and let the kids play a few games. We ended up seeing some friends and hanging out for a bit. We then went home and got ready for the party. 

It was Dave's 32nd birthday. I sure hit the jackpot when I married Dave, I always tell my kids that he is superman, and I am serious when I say it. I don't know anyone else with his energy, determination, strength and drive.  He and I are so compatible, and I am very grateful that I get to go through this crazy world with him.  He was supposed to have a golf weekend  with a friend from Vegas, but unfortunately that fell through. But we did have fun chatting with Steph's family, and he requested his favorite brownies, the Ghiradehilli ones from the box and Breyer's vanilla ice cream.  It makes it easy for me! Steph and Dan are so fun to talk to, their kids are amazing, and I just hope that our kids turn out as well as they have! They left early Sunday morning and we got a call from our friends, Brandon and Haley saying they were going to drive to St. George that day. We got to chat with them for a few hours and see their cute little boy Hayden.  I sure miss them, Brandon and Dave worked together at Deloitte and Haley and I became good friends.  They are from Mississippi and are the nicest, most fun people I know.  They represent every good thing you have heard about the South from their hospitality to their accents!  I sure miss them, and wish one day we could live in the same city again. They were planning on staying in Zion's that night and hiking on Labor Day. At the last minute we decided to join them on Monday.  It was super crowded due to the weekend, but it did not disappoint.  We had to rush home because Dave have to catch a flight in Vegas, but it turned out to be a very fun and full weekend! 






No comments: