Sunday, April 12, 2015

Easter Break

The weekend before Easter our ward and neighborhood had an Easter Egg hunt on the same day, and we made it to both.  Of course my kids loved every minute.  Madi and Brock also both had hunts at their schools, and we got to watch Madi's and eat lunch with her.  She was pretty excited to pack her own lunch, and when we got to the school I saw that she packed her own sandwich, drink, peas, and treat, as well as a sack of baby wipes to wash her hands.  She is such a responsible little girl. She loved having us with her at school.  Uncle Paul and Aunt Teri came to town for Todd's rodeo and we got to watch him, go to dinner and swim with them. Brock wanted to be in the arena for the events, but he settled on just being in the area with the goats.  He is obsessed with animals! 

Easter weekend was a whirlwind at our house, but everyone seems happier if we are busy, busy, busy!  Dave had been traveling all week for work, so we were pretty excited for him to come home. We were planning on hiking in Zion on Saturday, and we were also supposed to do a 10 mile run Saturday morning for our 1/2 marathon training, so right after Dave got home on Friday he told me I should do my run that night so we could leave early on Saturday.  I wasn't planning on it, but it turned out, it was mostly downhill, but it started getting dark and even though I'm a mom and in my thirties, I'm still scared of the dark. I finished around 9 and Dave started his run around 930 pm.  We both made it and were so sore the next day! We left super early for Zion's and got there too early because it was pretty cold, we did beat the crowd's but ended up hanging out in the lodge for an hour or so until is warmed up a little.  Madi packed all the kids swimsuits, so I knew she was planning on getting in the water, so it had to at least be a little warmer! It finally did warm up and we did 2 hikes, or a little over 6 miles with the kids.  They did pretty good, although we were holding at least one of them, and Dave sometimes 2 of them at a time!  We came home and the kids crashed. The next morning the Easter bunny came and we watched conference and ate our entire Easter Baskets. I wished we could have heard more of the talks, but that's how it goes with little kids.

































No comments: